In addition to being basic answering machines, Voicemail systems can
have much more advanced features:
- Answer multiple phones simultaneously.
- Enable the user to forward messages to another user's voice mailbox.
- Store incoming messages in individual mailboxes.
- Send voice messages to multiple voice mailboxes.
- Store messages for future delivery.
- Notify the user via email, paging service or phone call that a message.
has arrived in his mailbox.
- Transfer callers to another phone number.
- Add an introduction to a forwarded voice message.
- Play different introduction greetings depending on the callers.
- Forward the voice message to an email
or another phone number.